New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington Model 600 Barrel
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I need to convert a Model 660 in 243 to a 308 Win and would like to know if anyone here has an old take off barrel laying around the shop that they would part with, or know where I might find one.
I have tried Gun Parts Corp and they are out of stock. I would prefer an orginal barrel but I think E R Shaw would be able to match the conture if I send them the orginal barrel. Will a Model 7 barrel thread on a 600 receiver?
Thanks,
Dale

Posts: 52 | Location: Harlingen, Tx, USA | Registered: 09 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Model 7 will screw into a 600/660 receiver.

Posts: 275 | Location: NW USA | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
<kailua custom>
posted
Dear Dale, Check http://kailuacustom.com[products-barrels] there are at least 2-3 there now. 45.00 or so. Aloha, Mark[in Or]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks alot Mark.
I sent them an E mail for a barrel.
I will be gone to visit family and won't be back to work until the 6th of Jan so I will try to call them then.
Thanks again and have a merry xmas
Dale

Posts: 52 | Location: Harlingen, Tx, USA | Registered: 09 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like Jay says, a Model Seven barrel will screw into a 600/660,so will a 722 or 700 barrel,You can have a 660 with a 22" barrel if you can find a take-off 308 from a 700,or how about a Mountain Rifle barrel on your 660?

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info Rembo. For some reason I thought that the 600 had different threads than a 700,But I never messed with one before. Any how Mike had an orginal barrel, so I bought it from him. This Forum is really a great place to get information and instruction. There is sure a great bunch of guys on it.
Thanks for all your help, Dale

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Remington Model 788 was an interesting rifle but was more costly to build than the 700s. The 788 had a different thread than the "standard" used on all of the 6XX, 7XX, 40X, M7, XP, etc. That causes some confusion as to threads and interchanging.

Posts: 275 | Location: NW USA | Registered: 27 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just happened to check Remingtons web page yesterday for any new products and they are producing 600.s again I dont know exactly how much they are like the old models,The barrel has a ventilated rib but seems to be longer than I remember the old models being.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote