New
Find
Notify
Tools

BLR hammer extension
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Posted this in Medium bores with no response, so I thought I'd try this category. BLR long action made in mid 90's, can't find a hammer extension, any ideas? Thanks-Karl

Posts: 214 | Location: Cochrane Alberta Canada | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought one made by Uncle Mike's. They have been making them for a number of years. I believe most of the mail order houses carry them.

Posts: 314 | Location: Abilene,Tx. USA | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto, have them on both my BLR81's.

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can get the 81's from Uncle Mike, but they don't have the Pre 81 any more. I found one in the old stock of a gunstore that had been in business a long time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
If your BLR is a Lightning version with the curved pistol grip and/or the folding hammer, you may be out of luck. I believe that the ones that Uncle Mike's made/currently makes were for the Pre 81 BLR and the 81 BLR until the Lightning version came out. From there Website, the current available one - "Product Number 24570 Browning BLR 1981-1991. Will not fit 1992 and later models" I know that Browning's website specifically states in its FAQ section that Browning does not recommend use of a hammer extension on the BLRs - perhaps because of the folding hammer, perhaps because of the aluminum receiver on the newest models???

Posts: 226 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote