Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Iver Johnson .22 Target
 Login/Join

posted
I have an Iver Johnson .22 Target revolver with a bad firing pin. I had a local gunsmith look for parts but he was unable to locate a new firing pin, he also noted that the shells were sliding too far into the cylinder. His suggestion was to look at gun shows for a revolver of the same model for the parts. Any suggestions on where I can find those parts??? I am at a loss, the gunsmith I went to is very well know. If he cannot find the parts I may be SOL.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How can a rimfire shell (case) slide too far into the cylinder? It stops at the RIM. We need more information. Any model# or , or just anythig like that.

Posts: 220 | Location: SW Missouri USA | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The cylinders are rebated to cover the rims. This lends safety if a rim bursts. You need a new gunsmith.Try Gun-Parts inc for a new pin, or the many other parts sources on the web.
Good Luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hadn't had my second coffee when I posted. THe cylinders are recessed for safety.
Good Luck!

Posts: 1028 | Location: Mid Michigan | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote