New
Find
Notify
Tools

STUPID trigger question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
If a replaced an old Remington 700 bolt action's trigger with a new Timney trigger would that eliminate the possibility of a misfire?

thanks

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
NO. Misfires are caused by one or all of 5 factors, none of which is the trigger.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't speak for the OP but I'd suspect he's asking about "accidental firing" not misfires.

Zeke

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Neither can I. He used the term Misfire. If he really means accidental firing, then, yes.

Posts: 17294 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Neither can I. He used the term Misfire. If he really means accidental firing, then, yes.

sorry, I meant accidental firing (the Remington lawsuit thing)

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Is the Remington recall/replacement program still ongoing?

If so might as well get them to replace the Remington trigger also, unless I am missing somtheing about the program.

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, they will replace the trigger but I'm not certain it improves anything other than saving you money.

They replace it with an X-mark trigger which is not as nice as the Timney.

Now, it has to be set up properly or your "better trigger" is still unsafe. So, please, follow the instructions.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A classic dead horse; and badly beaten too. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Forgive my ignorance but does the safety question pertain to triggers on Mod 7600 pump-actions, too?

Posts: 5119 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Forgive my ignorance but does the safety question pertain to triggers on Mod 7600 pump-actions, too?

Nope

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 837 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:

A serial number in the finder at the site below tells which rifles need to have their trigger replaced. Checked out my sons 700 SPS which was originally mine and it is not subject to the recall which is a bit of a shame because those having the trigger replaced are saying the replacement Remington trigger is better and lighter than the old one.

https://xmprecall.remington.com/

Posts: 3914 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Glad to hear it.

Posts: 5119 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote