New
Find
Notify
Tools

A 416 Rigby with a feeding problem
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Silly me, I bought a 416 Rigby that occasionally jams. Who is the best gunsmith you know of to fix the problem? I prefer someone within driving distance of Dallas/Fort Worth, but having the feeding fixed perfectly is the first priority.
Thanks for your help.

One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
If you mean a six hour drive from Dallas, this is your man. He is one of the better known and really capable smiths around. He occasionally posts here.

Tip Burns
225 Neal Ln.
Canyon Lake, Tx 78133
Phone 830.935.3338

http://www.burnsgunrepair.com/

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Shipping is less expensive than time and gas.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ForrestB,
You are, without doubt, correct.
That said:
(1) taking the gun gives me an excuse to slip out of the office, and all the crap will still be there when I get back;
(2) I can show the smith the problem and am able to talk about guns for a little while with someone who knows about what he speaks;
(3) I do not have to entrust the gun to the tender mercies of the Brown Truck, the White Truck, or an employee of the USPS who may be suffering from present traumatic stress syndrome.
Happy Easter.
Dabney