Find
Notify
Tools

Color case hardening prices and info please
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TC1
posted
I recently saw a picture of a Mauser that had a few parts (grip cap, scope rings and bolt shroud) case color hardened. I think it was a very attractive. My question is, subjecting the amount of heat required to achieve this, would any harm come the parts? warping etc.

does anyone on this forum offer such a service? if so how much would it cost to do a set of Warne detachable rings, a mauser bolt shroud and a nieder(SP?) steel grip cap? all parts are new and blued.
Terry

[ 06-24-2003, 23:14: Message edited by: TC1 ]

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might want to contact Doug Turnbull Restorations in NY, they're on the web. He is a master at the process as well as real charcoal blueing.

Posts: 1527 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
<Pfeifer>
posted
I believe my gunsmith works with Color Case Co out of Ohio. Seen some real nice work between the two of them. Then of course with him being 72, he used to use the good old cyanide "eggs" back in the old days [Eek!] ...at least that is how I remember the story.

He just restored an old 1889 Marlin for a frend of mine and it came out real s-w-e-e-t!

This same friend has also had some nice work done by Scott Green in eastern Idaho.

JP

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a believer in Doug Turnbull...He is my hero [Wink]

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote