Notify
Tools

Montana Rifleman Barreled Actions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted
Hey guys,

Can someone tell me please how their barreled actions shoot?

When they fit their barrels to their actions, do they true up the action etc?

Michael.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Michael,
I have 2 standard long actions and 1 short mag.The 2 best groups I ever shot a 200 yards was with one of the longs and the 300 wsm.I am going to put a Krieger on one of the longs next week and I will be able to test the action for runout.They are ok but pretty heavy.I like FN mausers better myself for hunting rifles
Dan

Posts: 174 | Location: Lakewood | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a couplel of them but the gas escape hole in the front ring is center, now if you stock the gun properly on center line then you must cut a half hole for the gas jet or risk blowing out a chuck of your nice custom stock..I find in inconceivable that gunsmiths would overlook something like that, but they did and as far as I know they have not fixed it.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41986 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kabluewy
posted Hide Post
I bought one once, and upon close inspection found several machining flaws. The bolt face especially got to me because IMO it couldn't be fixed properly. It took a while to sell it, and I took a loss. So, I think it's fair to say that I'll not travel that path again.

However, it may also be fair to say that they may have made improvments, since I believe the company was bought out by new investors. I'll give the benefit of the doubt, especially since words cost nothing.

KB

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Posts: 12818 | Registered: 16 February 2006Reply With Quote