Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice work, congratulations.

Roland

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
I have told you privately that I really like the job you did so I will add it publicly.

I got a phone call from shitaway (thank you Forest) about a year ago + or -. It was 11 PM and I was still awake, mind you it was 2 am where he lives. He just launched into a discussion about guns and in midst he told me he did not know much of anything about custom guns. It seems that he frittered away his time since then and has not learned a damn thing since then.

A one eyed monkey can see the matching grain on the right side of that forearm and the butt stock. Of course in this comparison, the monkey is equipped with the superior intellect.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forrest, I just took your advice and no longer have to look at his drivel.

Chic Worthing

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I once thought about learning to checker and restock rifles and shotguns, but after seeing work like your excellent shotgun and the work of some others I realize that I would be much smarter just letting a real pro do the work. Again that is a beautiful stock.

Nice doesn't mean weak.

Posts: 74 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 03 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:
Bill,
I have told you privately that I really like the job you did so I will add it publicly.

I got a phone call from shitaway (thank you Forest) about a year ago + or -. It was 11 PM and I was still awake, mind you it was 2 am where he lives. He just launched into a discussion about guns and in midst he told me he did not know much of anything about custom guns. It seems that he frittered away his time since then and has not learned a damn thing since then.

A one eyed monkey can see the matching grain on the right side of that forearm and the butt stock. Of course in this comparison, the monkey is equipped with the superior intellect.
I was shocked when I read that! If that is true then there must be someone impersonating me. Eeker

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Soverns:

Glenn,

The checkering is only 24 lpi. Thanks for the kind words......P.S. wheres my buttplates??? Wink

Butt plates? Shucks, we stopped working on them waiting for you and Chic to decide whether or not they should have points or a radius above the screw holes.

I am afraid I ran into a bit of bad luck and hurt my shoulder a couple weeks back and am down to one wing for a while. However, we did just today finally get the shape of the top return on the blank right. the one we formed came out real nice. Would you believe that shape requires the blank to have double reversed radii to come out right? From now on I'm sticking to flat stuff!

Hopefully we will have some pictures sometime next week.

Regards,

Glenn

Posts: 254 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 02 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
clap

Beautiful, absolutely beautiful

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was shocked when I read that! If that is true then there must be someone impersonating me.

In you post that you deleted, you stated that you work until midnight and had had a few drinks when you called. It was noted and I guess if someone is impersonating you, he is not only uneducated in firearms, he also does not have much integrity when it comes to posting on here.

Chic Worthing

one of us
posted Hide Post
[URL= ]custom rifle[/URL] Was this beauty mentioned in the deleted post? This would make an excellent rifle for Saeed!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looking at the Bill Soverns work again, I think it does look nice!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill: Can you post the "before pictures" showing the broken buttstock and broken trigger guard you that you had to take off to replace with the new ones?

By the way: nice work!!

If you can do a photo with the closeup of engraving, it may show why this old prewar beauty needed to be reclaimed!

Jameister

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
btt

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote