New
Find
Notify
Tools

Model 70 Scope Mounts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm looking to mount a Weaver 4.75 or Leupold 2x7 on a 30-06 Model 70. What would be good scope mounts to get the scope close enough to the shooter for propoer eye relief. About 3.5 inches for the Weaver. I've got a reversable Dual Dove Tail, but don't really like the long base. Any other good options? I know there are a lot of Model 70 users here. Thanks

Posts: 178 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 07 January 2002Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
I'd suggest Burris Zee rings. They are strong and not that expensive. A step up are the Signature rings, which use bushngs that among other things don't mark the scope. For bases, use whatever weaver type base you can afford, I prefer steel ones but have never had a problem with aluminum set, so buy what you like.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of South40
posted Hide Post
I believe you will need a reversible front base. The Leupold 50023 stock number should do it. Another option is the Weaver steel Grand Slam bases with Leupold PRW steel rings. Weaver numbers are S-402 (front) and S-47 (rear).

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote