THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Re: Thanks to all about Lathe info, heres another question for the Pro's?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Thanks to all about Lathe info, heres another question for the Pro's?
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
I'll email you this link

the jet can be had, with DRO, for UNDER 6k, DELIVERED

http://www.cuttingtoolmall.com/catalog/standard1.cfm?FamilyID=gears

I thought I posted this...

US lathes are the top of the heap
then UK/Canada/German
Then italian/spanish
then russian
I have NO CLUE where the Japanese ones fit
then south american
then Tawianese
THEN chinese

Keep searching for a "tool room" lathe on ebay. Get a US, UK, or german one. The monarch can be had, all day, for 5k..

DO NOT BUY Grizzly if "exetreme" or "preceision" are involved. These are "workaday" machines, and will not produce 1000/2000 yeard guns...

IIRC, the term toolroom lathe means, in the us, it had to pass something over 60 accuracy checks, vs UNDER 20 for a "lathe"

The jet is probably a decent machine,

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Jsut called him... we are working on it!!

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The terms "Grizzly", and "Precision" don't go together.

Posts: 58 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fiftydriver
im selling a birmingham 14x40 gearhead lathe bought new 1995 1 1/2" spindle hole twohp
single phase cooliant pump bought extra phase 2 quick change tool holder has quick change gears metric and acme threads face plate 3 and 4 jaw chucks 4 jaw has never been mounted i have grizzley eqipment i cant get parts for
they sale off all their parts every 2 3 years to independents and then its hard to get parts

lucky zaugg who was joe devers personal gunsmith went overseas and did some work for the machine factories he told me to buy this lathe he said these early lathes were better than the ones made today
i will sell it for $3500.00 delivered to missoula montana