Find
Notify
Tools

Ohio'ans I need some help locating old gunshops
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I don't know where else to post this but I'm going to be in the Dayton/Cincinnati area at the end of the month and want to know if anyone can recommend an old time gunshop to visit.

The places with the piles of old stuff on the shelves that you can get lost in for a while.

Any recommendations?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd check the on-line Yellow Pages for some places to at least call and find out about the shop. If you get someone, ask a few questions...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.gunshopfinder.com/ohiogunshopmap.asp

Real sure there are a lot more not on this list, anyway this site might be good to save as
a Favorite.....r in s.

Posts: 866 | Location: Puget Sound country | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dayton has a gun shop on the north side of town right along Interstate 75 it is called Old English Gun Shop if you were coming north more I could help you out but I am not to familar with areas south of I 70. If I talk with some guys in the mean time I will ask about other shops. I am sure there thicker then hair on a dogs back. Bill

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the help guys

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I was going to recommend Old English also, but to tell you the truth, you won't be "lost" for awhile looking around. It is a decent store, but not like they have out west. Remember, Ohio is a shotgun state.

May I ask when exactly you will be here and where?

I live halfway b/w Dayton and Cinci.

It would be about 20 minutes east, but you could visit Country Attic Treasures General Store in South Lebanon.

Just south of the 275 loop on the north side of Cinci, there is a store called Target World. Expensive but lots of guns and an indoor range.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
I was going to recommend Old English also, but to tell you the truth, you won't be "lost" for awhile looking around. It is a decent store, but not like they have out west. Remember, Ohio is a shotgun state.

May I ask when exactly you will be here and where?

I live halfway b/w Dayton and Cinci.

It would be about 20 minutes east, but you could visit Country Attic Treasures General Store in South Lebanon.

Just south of the 275 loop on the north side of Cinci, there is a store called Target World. Expensive but lots of guns and an indoor range.

Doc,

I'll be flying into Dayton but spending the week in downtown Cinci. for an aeroderivitive gas turbine conference put on by GE.

I fly in Monday the 29th and fly back out Oct 3rd. I've got to go out past Hillsboro on the 2nd, maybe I can swing by there then.

Frank

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
We'll just miss each other. Our office manager's husband works for GE, BTW.

I would offer to take you around on Tuesday afternoon, but we are heading for TX (hog/antelope) at 1pm.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Fjold do you go into second amendment sports there in bakersfield. I've been there a couple of times and while they weren't as knowledgeable as some others they had a big selection and good prices.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to say that 2nd Amendment Sports made a mistake that cost me a left handed 375 H&H that I wanted and then lied to me about it.

Later they lied to a friend of mine and cancelled a PPT DROS because he got mad about it. Then they lied to my daughter.

I'll allow anyone a mistake but they have made a habit of lying so I won't do business with them.

Frank