New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogue Overmolded for an MRC 1999?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone tried to fit the short action M70 version of a Hogue stock to an MRC 1999?

How are the Hogue stocks in general?

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have yet to encounter an MRC myself.
Hogue stocks on the other hand are great.
Good quality, the aluminum bedding in some of them is great.
Plus you get a good grip and the rubber that is Overmoulded over the whole stock, deadens the hollow sound you get with most other cheap stocks like Ram-Line or Choate.
Not a big deal if it is going on something small like a 223 but comes in handy with larger calibers.

If you are looking for one, I stock a whole assortment of Hogue products.

-Spencer

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
put me down as another hogue fan too. Nice solid stock without the weight of a laminate.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mix3006
posted Hide Post
I had my M70 Supergrade fitted in one but when they say suitable for the M70,they don't mean the one piece floorplate!!It took a fair bit of modifying but it eventually went in.The floorplate sits a little proud of the stock as the stock is just a bit narrow there for this action.Glass bedded and floated,with the standard stock pillars,the rifle shoots very well.Very comfortable to use as well.

Posts: 191 | Location: Wollongong NSW Australia | Registered: 25 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The M1999 bottom metal is a lot thicker than the M70 bottom metals I have seen. It would probably be prudent to ask Hogue about the suitability of the stock for the M1999. Until now (at least) most stocks for M1999s were M70 stocks that needed additional inletting - bottom metal and tang are areas that spring to mind.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote