Find
Notify
Tools

700 ADL feeding of 375 H&H and 416 Rem Mag
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I enjoyed watching the Larry Potterfield "nearly perfect safari rifle" series on youtube.

Does it take a lot to get a 700 to feed a 375/416 Rem Mag sized case as an ADL?

Posts: 7775 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
My buddy has a 416 remmag in a BDL. Not sure there's any difference.

Posts: 6433 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Remington 700 in 416 Remington Mag. I had feeding problems including problems on my elephant hunt. I thought all was good to go but when cycling rapidly the problem occurred.
An AR member(AR always comes through)told me to put in a 300RUM magazine box.
The box has the cut out sides that allow the cartridges to stay below the rails longer during the cycle.
NEVER a malfunction since and I use the gun regularly.

What counts is what you learn after you know it all!!!

Posts: 711 | Location: York,Pa | Registered: 27 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm a mauser guy but I have a facory SS 700 BDL in 375 H&H that feeds slicker than snot. Its a shooter too. I took it to Africa with me years back in the event I had a chance at an Eland.

I had a group of 4 PH's in Africa tell me 700 Remingtons feed plenty good, they had no issue with a hunter hunting DG with a 700. These guys had been around the block and were all 15-20 yr licenced PH's that had seen it all hunted all. One of the guys who I became pretty good friends with over the years said I've had plenty of hunters shoot DG with 700 Rems and they do just has good as all the rest.

I'm going back in 2022 to hunt Cape Eland and will probably drag that same old Remington with me.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote