New
Find
Notify
Tools

40x rimfire repeater
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
who would you suggest to convert a 40x rimfire single shot to a repeater, also will regular 700 trigger work? thanks

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Calfee?

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Mike, have you talked to Remington? I haven't checked for a few years, but the last time I did, they were still making 40-X repeaters/sporters available through the Custom Shop.

Then of course you might also want to check with some of the Remington collectors...those 40-X based sporters come on the market every now and then. Someone may well know of one that is available. They'll be pricey (Brand new, they were $1,000 in 1973!) but likely not much more so than having someone build you one that looks nice and works well...

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Around 40 years ago a local smith converted a short-action 700 receiver and 40X rimfire bolt into a repeater, using a Ruger 10/22 magazine. This was before the introduction of the 77/22, and he put it into a fiberglass stock. I don't know whether he'd sell it, but he still operates his shop and might be willing to talk about the conversion or even do yours. PM me if interested and I'll give you his info.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies looks like i'm going to get a 40x single shot,with a stripped receiver, have stock and bolt , just need trigger. when I get it together will look into turning it into a reapeater . Think remington might do this?

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Mike - I doubt Remington will do after-market conversions these days, but I would ask them if they can recommend someone who does...surely you are not the only person in the world who wants such a conversion.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might ask this on rimfire central. I thought of doing this on my 40X rimfire. It is not really feasible.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess that is the advice I'm looking for thanks butch and everyone else.