New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need 870 Wingmaster parts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My dad just called, he's 77, and I guess he was on a 3-wheeler and hit a tree and ended up bending the barrel and broke the stock. He has had this shotgun for over 50 years and is pretty heartbroken over it. I am looking for a replacement stock and another barrel if anyone has a used one.

Thanks,
WWhunter

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
12 ga Delux? I've got a complete factory stock set with recoil pad. Excellent condition. No barrel however you may what to describe exactly what you're looking for in barrel length,rib, choke, etc? Ron

One of Us
posted Hide Post
rgg_7,
My dad said he bought it in 1950 when he got out of the service. It is an 870 Wingmaster with a 30 inch non-ribbed full choke barrel. He really doesn't care what type of choke or barrel length he can get to replace it with. He says his hunting day are just about over anyways.
The current stock is checkered. Not sure if you would call it a deluxe model but I guess it is much nicer than the current plain jane models. I am trying to tell him to fix it other than junk it. He is on Social Security and really doesn't have the money to buy another. I may just try and epoxy the stock and then cut off the barrel for him. It still has 20 inches of good barrel.
Thanks,
Keith

Posts: 153 | Location: God's country Northern Minnesota | Registered: 29 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cut off the barrel longer than 18 inches with a hacksaw and send it to me. i'll true up the muzzle and put a choke tube in it for him as well as re setting the bead, all for the cost of the shipping to get it here.
pm me if he is interested.
max

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
How bad is it bent? Those barrels can be straightened out if not more that a inch or two with no kinks in the metal.
Mike

Posts: 8 | Location: Western Michigan | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by max(hm2):
cut off the barrel longer than 18 inches with a hacksaw and send it to me. i'll true up the muzzle and put a choke tube in it for him as well as re setting the bead, all for the cost of the shipping to get it here.
pm me if he is interested.
max

That's a pretty damned decent offer Max. thumb

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the late replies guys and thanks for all the info.

Max,
That is a great offer. I told him that is what he should do but he is getting old and cranky. Smiler He is hoping to find another barrel and "keep" this one original. It was bent bad and he tried to stick it between the rack on my brothers 3-wheeler to straighten it. Ended up putting a BIG dent in the barrel, "Its just a little dent"!! I told him its junk now and to chop it off. He can't make up his mind but I'm working on him. I'll PM you if he decides to lop it off. I really appreciate the offer.

I found him another one nearly as old as his for sale at Gander Mountain for $169.00 but he doesn't have that kind of money to spend. That way though he could take the barrel off it and put on his since his is nicer condition.

rgg_7,
I sent you a PM regarding your stock.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WWhunter:
My dad just called, he's 77, and I guess he was on a 3-wheeler and hit a tree and ended up bending the barrel and broke the stock. He has had this shotgun for over 50 years and is pretty heartbroken over it. I am looking for a replacement stock and another barrel if anyone has a used one.

Thanks,
WWhunter

You can buy a very nice used gun for about $250 on GunBroker.

Posts: 10372 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dogcat,

Thanks, and we already thought about getting him something new since a guy can get a decent Mossberg or one of the Remington Express shotguns fairly reasonable. But his income is VERY limited. Beside, It is more sentimental reasons that he wants it fixed. Its the first "new" gun he ever bought. I guess he traded somekind of 20 ga. double barrel for it right after getting out of the Air Force in 1950.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
email sent.