Notify
Tools

Magazine For a Lawton Action
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Hi guys,

I've got a 260Rem built on a Lawton 7000 stainless repeater with the fluted bolt. I need to switch the stock over and while I'm doing that I need a new Mag system as the smith that built it for me didn't point out that the action doesn't lend itself to being a top loader...

Anyway, I've got a Graphite MacMillan in Rem BDL and I would like to add a drop box that would be flush to the bottom of the gun. Getting one in the UK is a bit tricky as the only one I can find is the badger that sticks out of the gun.

Any suggestions from the smiths out there as to what would be the best way to go with this?

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call George at GAP GA precision. He has used alot of Lawton actions in the past.

Posts: 146 | Location: WI | Registered: 18 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Thanks JS,

I spoke to George and he says that it has to be an HS precision.

Now all I've got to do is find a way to get my hands on one!!

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HS Precision bottom metal and mags are available from Viking Arms, they have several in stock.

These should mate to the Lawton action and are flush to the base of the rifle when inserted - unlike Badger.

However, the trade off is one round capacity less.

Be aware that the HSP whilst good does sometimes drop mag boxes, easy fix is alter the locking lip on the box with a punch.

(Just so your aware)

If your stock is inletted for BDL metal, you will have very minor inletting to do to fit the HSP system. Easily done with dremel Roll Eyes or mill thumb

Posts: 136 | Location: England | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote