New
Find
Notify
Tools

Side Safety for Siamese Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for a gunsmith that has or can install a side safety (2 position) for my Siamese Mauser. I have taken it apart and have noticed that the cut for the cocking piece is 90 deg. different than a standard 98 mauser. I have a shroud and side safert for the standard 98, but I don't thing it will work. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Posts: 262 | Location: New York | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll be out of town until about the end of august. If you still need it cut let me know. Or FYI you can use your existing 98 one if you use a yugo mauser firing pin and extend the tip a little. I did that last time I needed to install a 3 position safety on a siamese. Or you can use a tubbs firing pin since the tip is already longer and just cut another groove to shorter the overall length. That way you can just use a standard 98 cocking piece and shroud.
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Don I'll get a hold of you when you get back. If you get a chance PM me with a price and shipping details

Posts: 262 | Location: New York | Registered: 21 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don put a two position model 70 type safety on my Siamese mauser in 375/348 improved. He did a fine job and that safety is as smooth as silk.I couldn't be happier.

Posts: 2437 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote