New
Find
Notify
Tools

trigger job on my remmy 22/250 VS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
hi all, just found the site and think its great... I'm thinking of buying a new trigger do you guys think its worth it or should I try adjusting my one first..if not which trigger do you reccomend and why??

Posts: 70 | Location: melbourne | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ange:
hi all, just found the site and think its great... I'm thinking of buying a new trigger do you guys think its worth it or should I try adjusting my one first..if not which trigger do you reccomend and why??

I would try adjusting your factory trigger first and if it works for you GREAT....I have done several with good results....BUT my 700vssf came at near 8lbs and would not adjust to a decent pull....I went with a Jewell HVR and IT IS FANTASTIC!!!!I have had other Jewell triggers and all were good or better...I don't shoot superlight pulls on using guns ...2.5lbs or so and the HVR will go lighter or a little heavier and it is so crisp it may be sinful...lol...Jewell is a good company and a well represented portion of the equipment seen on winning competition guns.......it lets the gun and you and your pet load shoot to its max. ability...good luck and good shooting!!!!

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have ajusted some older remingtons with great luck I have 4 to5 year old 700 that turned out good not great. try it.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello.
Try to adjust your original trigger first. I've done that and thats absolutly GREAT!!
If you need discription on how its done, take a look at:
WWW.snipercountry.com
Good luck.

------------------
Shoot well, and hit hard.

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<George Capriola>
posted
Ange,
Once you install a Jewell, you'll never want another trigger. I adjusted the trigger on my 700 VLS first, then installed the Jewell two months later. No comparison between the two triggers. The Jewell comes set at 2 pounds, and breaks like glass. When I decided to buy my second 700, I ordered a Jewell for it from Midway a week before I picked up the rifle. That way, I could float the barrel, glass bed the action, and "fix" the trigger all at once. The only regret you'll have from installing a Jewell is that you didn't do it sooner!
Regards, George.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
ange,

I am assuming Melbourne, Australia.

Jewell is at the top of the list but they are costly. Robert Tobler brings in quite a few for Rem 700s. He is on 02 48851881

You get them with 3 springs which cover pull weights from about 1.5 oz to 8 oz, 8 oz to about 1.5 pounds and 1.5 pound to about 3.6 pounds.

They can be had with a safety catch and bolt stop. Some other 3 lever triggers like shilen don't have that.

Weight of pull and creep can be adjusted up through the trigger guard, so you can adjust while shooting.

They are probably close to $500Aus at the moment if they include safety catch.

They are beautifully made and if you stick a Tobler barrel on in 22/250, you will have a rifle that groups not far behind a 6mm PPC bench gun.

Jewells are always very saleable out here as well and you would not lose much on one.

Mike

[This message has been edited by Mike375 (edited 12-29-2001).]

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote