New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sourdough Blade Question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am looking for a reliable source for Sourdough post front sight blades--a flat-topped post with a gold insert at the top. It gives a sight picture like a flat-topped post, but the insert glows like a bead. My gunsmith says they haven't been made in 20-25 years, but I have my doubts. Brownells seems to have everything but Sourdoughs. Any ideas? Thanks, Okie John.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Okie John,

Maybe I'm being too practical, but why doesn't your smith make a sour-dough blade exactly like you are looking for, for you?

[ 02-09-2003, 07:47: Message edited by: DavidReed ]

Posts: 1243 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Several sources make simuliar sights:

Jim Brockman, 208-934-5050
New England Arms but these are for catapiller ramps.

Posts: 42152 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've made a few by using black powder front sight blades and fitting an ivory face rather than a gold or brass insert. Having both types of insert I prefer the ivory (actually white plastic from a tooth brush handle)A bit of time with a file and needle file and epoxy the plastic in.

Posts: 312 | Location: B.C., Canada | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
<eldeguello>
posted
Try Gary Fellers in Texas-he sells a lot of old iron sights. Numrich Gun Parts Corp also might have a few. I have three on guns, and think they are better than any of the newfangled types, including fiber-optics!