Find
Notify
Tools

Sauer 202 Supreme
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Members,

Does the Sauer 202 Supreme 30-06 series come with a steel or an aluminum action.

Thank you,
Roland

one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Both exist (in Europe at least).

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ol` Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andre Mertens:

My old M200 has a aluminium action so I`d think both are imported also.

------------------------------------
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

"Why shouldn`t truth be stranger then fiction?
Fiction after all has to make sense." (Samual Clemens)

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

Posts: 2535 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roland1, most of the Sauer supreme 202's you'll find here in the states are high gloss blued and high gloss walnut. On these models I haven't seen one in aluminum. The fluted barrel light weight rifles are aluminum, and 202 supremes can be ordered this way, but I have not seen one, and all the Blued/walnut supremes I have seen are steel receivers.

Regards--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
Roland1, most of the Sauer supreme 202's you'll find here in the states are high gloss blued and high gloss walnut. On these models I haven't seen one in aluminum. The fluted barrel light weight rifles are aluminum, and 202 supremes can be ordered this way, but I have not seen one, and all the Blued/walnut supremes I have seen are steel receivers.

Regards--Don

Don,

You satisfied my question thumb

Thank you,
Roland

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andre Mertens:

Andre,

Are you still in haven with your 202, no problems I assume?
By the way, is the accuracy and reliability consistent?

Bedankt en goede jacht, thumb
Roland

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roland, I'll be interested to see Andre's reply, I fault him with turning me onto Sauer 202's to begin with! Thanks Andre!

I guess you can say I have a fair amount of experience for an American buyer, I now own 10 of them,and 6 additonal barrels-- three of them the 202 Takedown models-- These are different from the regular 202's in that you can change barrels much more quickly, no screws to take apart like when switching a barrel on the 'regular' 202.

I am simply thrilled and impressed with the out of the box accuracy of these rifles. The triggers are great, and easily adjustable, and even when taking down one of them and putting it back together they hold poi extremely well. I happen to be a fan of the detachable box magazine, so that feature is right up my alley. I also really like the short bolt throw in a hunting rig, it keeps your hand away from the scope, and the bolt running in the receiver as it does--makes it the smoothest bolt I've cycled.

I guess all that goes to say that what Andre orignally recommend to me was spot on, and I know I haven't bought my last 202 or 202 barrel yet either! I'd be happy to share any specific info you would like also--just let me know or PM me.

Good Shooting--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Don said it all and his experienced comments (10 rifles + 6 bbls. !) describe what all 202 owners I know found out. I can only add a few pics of my own :

My 202 in 7x64 (accounted so far for 1 fox, 15 roedeer, 5 red stags, 1 fallow deer, 2 muntjacs)

100 m groups with assorted hunting loads

This one's interesting. It's the composite group (backing of target) of the rifle the 1st time I fired it, using 3 bullet weights and 6 different loads, in order to evaluate its likings. 30 combined shots into 2.6 MOA !

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the excellent advise,

The wife's new toy - Sauer 202 - 30-06

Just sharing,
Roland