New
Find
Notify
Tools

painting a kimber montana stock??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone painted a kimber montana synthetic stock?wondering if they can be painted

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure they can be painted. I believe they have a urethane paint over a fiberglass lay-up (i.e., not tupperware). There used to be some guys advertizing on the net painting stocks. Google it.

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can't vouch for this guy, but I like what I see.

http://riflestockpainting.com/Photo_Album.html

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used a spray can of the green Rustoleum Multi-Colored Textured on mine. Gave it some grip compared to the original Kimber paint. Has held up to fairly rough use as well.

Posts: 83 | Location: MT | Registered: 23 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jordan,
I have used Cas11 on a few rifle stocks. He is very reasonable, does an excellent job, and is prompt. The web address you posted is for Charley and you can't go wrong.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did one for a friend a couple of years back. There is no problem with painting them, with one exception that I experienced. With the example I worked on the original factory gray paint did not have a good bond to the stock base underneath it. It tended to flake off easily.

I went over the entire stock with a coarse "tuffy" pad to remove as much poorly bonded paint as possible before spraying my base coat. I was surprise by how much of the original paint came off. Best of luck with it!

Posts: 135 | Location: Colorado Mtns. | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jordan:
Can't vouch for this guy, but I like what I see.

http://riflestockpainting.com/Photo_Album.html

I have 3 done by CASII. Great work. Would recommend him anytime! The paint is polane T
and wears like iron.

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup. I have two of them and painted them with an epoxy spray paint from Forrest paints. It's a exterior deck paint with a sand mixed in for grip. Works great!
Used a grey and black and came out looking like a chunk of granite.
I use them a lot and it's been about 2 years with no wear whatever.
I imagine it would have to be ground off, but easy to just repaint right over the old, if you wanted to change the look.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote