New
Find
Notify
Tools

done - broke - fixed-done again
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
bit ago i mentioned that i had finished a decent stock for a little 223 ruger boatpaddle. carol at ahlmans had just finished the ckeckering and i was putting the barreled action back in the stock when the #$^( broke in half. Well I guess alls well that ends well. took a couple of weeks, a couple of steel studs, some window screen and a bunch of accraglass, but the thing is repair. You can see the crack, but really have to look for it. and if nothing else it sure beats hell out of that black plastic thing.

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I can't see it in the pics. Looks good thumb

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TC1:
I can't see it in the pics. Looks good thumb
Terry

X2 roger beerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
how did it break?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where was the break?

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the break was from the end of the floorplate upwards at an angle into the receiver ring. it broke when i was putting the barrel action into the stock. the action is glass bedded so the fit was tight and i tapped it with a plastic mallet. 3rd tap and oh chit, among other colorful phrases, several not in websters dictionary

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote