New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on Mauser action types
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I looked at the reference material link on mauser action lengths.

I have the following questions I hope someone can help with.

1. Is the M24/30 Venezuelan FN a standard length or intermediate length action? It's listed as standard length and later the FN M24 is listed as internmediate length.

2. Is a VZ 12/33 basically the same as the intermediate length FN M24/Yugo M48? I read in "Rifles of the World" that sveral Latin American countries bought FN M24s and VZ 12/33s chambered in 7x57.

Thanks for any help.

David

Posts: 301 | Location: Corvallis, Oregon | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's been years since I had a Venezuelen but as I recall it was an intermediate length.

To the best of my knowledge, the Czechs never produced an intermediate action. All their 7x57's utilized the standard length action.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 24/30 Venezuelan FN Belgium is a standard (8.750") length 98 originally chambered in 7x57. The VZ 33 is also standard 98. The 12/33 was basically a carbine version of the 33 using the same standard 98 action. To my knowledge, all Czech rifles were originally chambered in 8x57.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Czechs did make 7x57 contract rifles.

A Guatamalan Vz24, for instance, just sold on GunBroker for $715.

A beautiful rifle with a beautiful crest.

flaco

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. The model numbers can be quite confusing - espcially the FN 24/30 and FN M24.

David

Posts: 301 | Location: Corvallis, Oregon | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote