Find
Notify
Tools

Cerakote color cross-reference for Colt 1911
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
I have a Colt National Match from 1950. It was painted olive drab from the factory. I had it refinished a few years ago with Duracoat WWII OD Green, Unfortunately, it is to light versus the original factory OD - which was very dark.

Does anyone have any idea of a match?

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a list with pictures of Duracoat greens.

http://www.houtsenterprises.net/dur_greens.html

One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
You can't match colors using computer pictures. There are too many variations in how different screens display the colors.

I suggest you take your slide off and go to a paint store, art supply, or graphics shop that has a full pantone wheel or complete set of pantone cards. Compare your slide color to the closest pantone color using natural light and write the pantone number down. Then contact Cerakote and ask them what color mix and proportions will match that pantone color. If they are good they might even agree to sell you a batch they mix up for you but I don't know if they would be willing to do that or not. Of course, you never know till you ask.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately I no longer have the original color on the pistol. I will ping Colt.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote