THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Installing Muzzle Brake on Ruger M77 Mark II rifle

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Installing Muzzle Brake on Ruger M77 Mark II rifle
 Login/Join

posted
I would like to install a muzzle brake on my Ruger M77 Mark II in 7mm RM, but I don't want to pay $200 and send it off to have it done. Can I buy a threaded muzzle brake for an AR-15 or M-1 and thread my barrle and install it myself? What kind of threads will I need? Will it be as easy as running a die down the end of my barrel to thread it? Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Considering that any kind of muzzle brake will significantly devalue your gun, both in terms of usefulness and resale value, just stick it on with JB Weld or duct tape or whatever. A new barrel will restore the gun.

Posts: 13243 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of a muzzle brake devalueing a gun. As far as being usefull, reducing the recoil of my 7 Mag by up to 45% seems pretty usfull to me. Ever fired 50+ rounds through a 7mag with a light synthetic stock before? It will make your shoulder a little sore to say the least.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a muzzle brake that was made in Washington State and hopefully someone can remember the name. It functioned like a Browning Boos system and in fact ran afoul of their patent. I heard they continued to make them and were paying a royalty. This brake was fitted to the barrel by heating a band with a heat gun and the band had an epoxy that bonded the device to the muzzle. You had to give them the muzzle diameter when it was ordered. If someone remembers the name maybe this will jar the gray matter and they can post a link to the company.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote