New
Find
Notify
Tools

BPS Extraction problems
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know this is not a shotgun forum, but.....

I have a Browning BPS. It is my salt water duck gun. A speck of rust in the chamber and it won't extract. I polished the daylights out of the chamber, made a new extractor, beefier extractor spring, bought a new barrel ........ Anyone had this problem and how did you solve it?

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
<CAL9 from planet Fargo>
posted
I had this problem also. I used some very fine grit emery cloth and gently polished the chamber. I ran a couple boxes of lead and steel shot through it to make sure it would function. Being the paranoid bugger that I am, I then sold it. Didn't want to deal with that problem again.

CAL

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
I know you said u made a knew extractor but sometimes the angle of the extractor hook has to be just right.

------------------
MED

The sole purpose of a rifle is to please its owner

one of us
posted Hide Post

The angle on the front of the extractor, the part that rides on the relief cut in the barrel, was wrong. Mine and the factories. It cammed the extractor away from the rim so that it could not fully engage it. I decreased the andle on the cut in the barrel and streepened the angle on the extractor. All fixed.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Dettorre:
I know you said u made a knew extractor but sometimes the angle of the extractor hook has to be just right.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote