New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB, Swede Mauser action and bolt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a need for a Swedish Mauser action and bolt. It is the small ring, small thread receiver. All I need is the action body and the bolt body; I have all the rest of the parts to complete it. What have you?

Emails please, Jkob60@msn.com

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet ol Blue has one for you. Probably already been annealed if you know what I mean. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Sorry, don't have one either annealed or unannealed. No fires around here lately.

Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get a turk K Kale action and you have a 98 action with the small ring thread. Only thing is that some say the bolt leaves something to be desired as far as strength goes.

Rad

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 344 | Location: Bean Town in the worthless nut state | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sarco has some M96 actions for sale in the latest SGN-march

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My ad in classifieds has some explanation and pictures of what I phuqued up.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Check Gunbroker too.
I've bought a couple M96 "Kimber" sporters from one guy on GB and I've seen him sell actions as well.
Nice way to do a sporter (M96). I have a couple that have added a better trigger and a cock on open kit and I really like them. I'm in the process on three right now (cock on open kits and Bold trigger with side safety).

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Check Gunbroker too.
I've bought a couple M96 "Kimber" sporters from one guy on GB and I've seen him sell actions as well.
Nice way to do a sporter (M96). I have a couple that have added a better trigger and a cock on open kit and I really like them. I'm in the process on three right now (cock on open kits
and Bold trigger with side safety).

I just finished one for a guy in IN and did the same except it was a timney trigger and I converted the shroud to a two position lever.

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Check Gunbroker too.
Nice way to do a sporter (M96). I have a couple that have added a better trigger and a cock on open kit and I really like them. I'm in the process on three right now (cock on open kits and Bold trigger with side safety).

I have one of those Kimbers in 6.5, I already added the Timney but who makes the COO kit?

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have one of those Kimbers in 6.5, I already added the Timney but who makes the COC kit?

The last I did was Dayton -Traister COO/cock -on -opening

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jim,
I have two action bodies, brand-new Husky's. Don't think I can help with the bolt, but I could probably spare one action body.

Sent you a PM with contact info.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1182 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Jim you did a 2 position for me a few years ago on one of mine, I am real happy with it. The others I am doing all will have the Bold side safety purely for the cheap factor on this project and they will use the Dayton Traister kits. Don't get the kit that comes with a trigger the Timneys and Bolds are much better. I got one of my COO kits from Dayton Traister and the others were their brand but I purchased through Brownell's.
Ed LaPour is the only other maker of the kit that I know of.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a Swede that some idiot "sporterized" and in the process ground the top front receiver down so thin that I won't use it nor would I want anyone else to use it, I'm talking paper thin. So, if you want a whole action with a useless receiver I'll sell it to you real cheap. One of only two deals out of hundreds of purchases on the net which were really bad. Of course, I didn't even bother to look at the gun until months after I bought it, and only found the problem when I attempted to change the POS scope out that was on it. My first hint was when the front mounting base fell off. Let me know if you want it and make me an offer I can't refuse.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys, I appreciate all of the responsesa and generosity. I have found a complete barreled action and have sent the funds. I hope it turns out to something I can use.

Jim

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437