Notify
Tools

cz 550 feeding problems
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted fries
posted
i read the excelent pro on here but would like to know first;
do the rails need to be sharp [as they are now] when done removing metal and polishing?
the feed ramp is already sloped pretty well and the cart dont hang up there but seem to not jump out of the box soon enough to feed straight into the chamber. do i need to work on the rails to solve this and if so..how much and where do i remove/polish metal?

thanks from a new member
Ted

----------------------------------
when all is said and done...more will be said then done

Posts: 134 | Location: alaska | Registered: 26 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PoppaW
posted Hide Post
I just did my own 404 with feeding issues and it worked great. I had a similar issue as I got it close to feeding right. All I did was polish the area on the lip of the rail were it was tight and hanging on. I removed very little. I just smartened right up so I figure it was close. I think every gun will be different though and I studied mine and how it feeds for a long time before grinding metal. You can do it yourself but its hard to get info on specifics. I have about 20 hours into my gun now and just a few more to finish. This includes the stock, trigger and feeding. Good luck.

WOODY
Everyone is allowed an opinion, even if its wrong.

Posts: 419 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 10 May 2004Reply With Quote