New
Find
Notify
Tools

36' mexican mauser triggers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a 36 mexican mauser and I have tried 3 different after market triggers ( 2 jaeger, canjar) and all have same problem, in that with the safety on you can pull the trigger enough that when you take the safety off it will fire ,these triggers are for 98 mausers do I need a 96 trigger, ( the canjar works better, the jaegers you can see the sear completely released, I know just don't pull the trigger. butttt.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Problem is probably your cocking piece not the triggers. Change the cp or cut back the sear ledge so the safty pulls it off of the trigger's sear. Or you need to replace the safety. What are the details on the rest of the parts?
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Every after market trigger should come with a set of instructions on how to install it and how to adjust the cocking piece in case the rifle does what yours do.

In all cases the safety should cam the cocking piece back off the trigger sear by aprox .020" If it does not the sear on the trigger will not fully rest and the cocking piece will release when you take the safety off.

It's a very easy fix. Grind the sear ledge back until the safety cams it off the trigger.
Being very careful to not remove too much material, Over heat the ledge, or change the angles.
I set up my surface grinder and dial in what I think needs to come off, check and adjust.
Takes just a few minutes.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it is the cocking piece , the safety doesn't move it at all and operates smooth, its a buehler, when you pull the trigger with the safety on you can see the bolt move up.

No matter where you go or what you do there you are! Yes tis true and tis pity but pity tis, tis true.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Praise the lord! changed the cocking piece and all is well!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Ray:
Praise the lord! changed the cocking piece and all is well!

One of these days you will discover how much more convenient the two position side swing safety is!

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Cusom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5506 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the side swing safety, but my favorite is the tang, like on double shotguns, rifles.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The small ring Mexican has a cocking piece that is unique to the small ring Mexican so changing the cocking piece may not be an option. What you need is a gunsmith to fit your trigger. I am a pretty good auto mechanic but I leave the carb. to someone who understand carbs.

Posts: 249 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
I don't know the information was given and either not followed or ignored.
Timney instructions

Read #3 for the featherweight models not the deluxe version.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
changed cocking piece , everything fine now , old cocking piece will need to be ground back, also bottom edge not square. anyway problem corrected. Thanks for all the advice.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that is an original 36 cp that is buggered up and you are interrested in selling it let me know.
Don

Posts: 1084 | Location: Detroit MI | Registered: 28 March 2006Reply With Quote