New
Find
Notify
Tools

Randall Pistols
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone heard of or have experience with Randall pistols? My boss recently bought one from a co-worker that appears to be a well made 1911 style pistol (right handed). I hadn't heard of them and was wondering if anyone knew of any issues with them. Thanks.

Ryan

Posts: 425 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Randalls were made in the early 80's and were very innovative in their use of stainless steel and making left handed versions. Less than 10,000 pistols were made in 24 different models. You can check out their history at http://www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/randall_history.htm

Posts: 12695 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
<XTARHEEL>
posted
I have had my Randall Service Model since the mid-80's. It is a very well made piece. I installed a ambi safety (I'm a lefty) and replaced the fixed sites with millets. A very nice rendition of the 1911

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big_R
I had one several years ago, it was the "General Curtis Lemay" model. Kind of an Officers model with adjustable sights. The pistol shot good and was reliable, one of my shooting buddies had a full sized Randall and I did a swap so he could have a "pair".

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Big_R, Got one myself that I've had a long time. Depending on what I'm doing with it, it is fairly well standard or tricked out.

Randall made the first "Stainless" 45ACP pistols. I seem to remember the first magazing article I saw on it was a guy sitting on the bottom of a swimming pool shooting the Randall underwater.

I think they were trying to imply it was strong, but it has been too long ago to remember for sure.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote