New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Lee Enfields
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
A thread on another forum has got me thinking. Has anybody got any pictures of a Lee Enfield action tricked up? Any body heard of such? I have seen one pic myself, just wondering if there are any more out there.

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The ten shot mag really makes them an attractive option I rekon. I to would like to see some picks of .303 Customs.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
PC
I saw a pic in a Col Allison article in sporting shooter, that was a long time ago however.

Posts: 8053 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DeHaas's Bolt Action Rifle book are pictures of Lee-Enfields
sporterized.Elwood Epps in Can did many of them, even
some with socket removed and one piece stocks.Book has picture of on of those also.Ed.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to one I did a few years ago. I cut and crowned the barrel, milled the receiver bridge a little, made the scope mount base, replaced the stock with a semi-inlet from Wenig and polished everything by hand. Since putting up the web site, it will put 5 shots of factory PMC ammo into 1 1/4" at 100 yards consistently. Thats excellent considering the bore dimensions are a bit loose. - John

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/beelzebubba/index.html

Posts: 103 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 27 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks good Beel,

It would be a practical rifle for most things.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Looks good John. My brother-in-law had a Lee Enfield with a synthetic stock, it looked alright but lacked the warmth of wood.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliments. I agree wood has personality and synthetics don't.

While working on that gun, I toyed with the idea of making a quick-detatchable buttstock using the threaded socket and a modified stock bolt. The stock bolt would either be unscrewed by hand through the buttplate or with a knurled wheel in the wrist. In either case the bolt would be captured within the stock. This would almost provide the convenience of a take-down rifle, without the worries about changing zero. I chickened out at the time, because I had too much time invested, but maybe I'll give it a try on another one in the future. - John

Posts: 103 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 27 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try 303british.com

Posts: 1529 | Location: Tidewater,Virginia | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote