Find
Notify
Tools

replacement interval for recoil spring?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents!
I am wondering how often I should replace the recoil spring on my FN-Browning sa 1922 rifle.

For my Sig P210 I replace the recoil spring every 3000 rounds but I do not know the interval for .22 lr.

Any ideas? Any email address to Browning? I could not find any on their webpage.

Sincerely

Daniel

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Daniel,

I've had a few hundred of these little rifles come through my shop over the years with only what can be described as original springs in them. Most of these having several thousands of rounds through them. I've probably replaced no more than half a dozen recoil springs in over 30 years, here, because of poor performance that couldn't be solved by a thorough cleaning and use of good ammo. I would say that if you are experiencing sluggish performance after a good, thorough cleaning and have ruled out ammo issues, then it's probably time to replace the spring. Or, just pick a number and change it then. Good luck.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Westpac
Thanks for the reply.
I think it is in quite good shape. I inherited it from a relative who bought it a long time ago. I would like to keep it in as good shape as possible and I think that I will try to get a replacement spring from the browning representative here in sweden.

Posts: 271 | Location: 68°N, Lapland Sweden | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote