New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rifle stock advice wanted. (Sako guys?)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What I have is a Sako L579 action (A-II or medium length) in 7mm-08 with a stainless steel barrel that is supposed to be from Shilen. I am looking for a stock to put on it without spending too much money. I can get a good deal on a Sako factory wood stock but don't know if that is what I want or not. Since the rifle will be for my wife and eventually the kids to use for deer hunting, I don't want something that will be too heavy.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posts: 134 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sako L579 action barreled to 7-08 Ackley Improved with a 24" PacNor barrel. I got my MacMillan stock from the "Internet Specials".

Ask about the #SSH2-1s or the #SSH2-2h.
http://www.mcmfamily.com/mfsinc_n/sakospecials.html

[ 08-01-2003, 06:13: Message edited by: rembo ]

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have yet to find a better fitting factory stock than the Sako 75's. If that's what you can get to put your action on, do it.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Orion 1, is that a wood stock or synthetic?

Posts: 134 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

[ 08-01-2003, 20:49: Message edited by: Bwana ]

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bwana:
Orion 1, is that a wood stock or synthetic?

Walnut. I have a Sako 75 Stainless Hunter (walnut stock/stainelss action& barrel).

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote