THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Heard of a riflemaker, A. Kleszczewski, Berlin?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
An aquaintance has a lovely custom Mauser by this maker but can find no info. Anyone hear of him? Looks prewar with claw mounts, octagonal full matted ribbed barrel, Greener safety and 1 standinf / 2 folding sights.

Thanks, Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
after the war there where many custom mausers built some are very ornate with carvings or some engraving ,i have had many with different names ,not famous and they are very hard to find any info on them actually it is hard enuogh to find info on the well known makers as mike petrov has been trying to to lately .
a lot of mausers were customed for american officers after the war the sad thing about it is the fine work you come across for some unknown gunsmiths .
these rifles have sometimes been called cigarette mausers supposeley being traded for cigarettes i guess
couild you post a pic of the gun so it can be evaluated?

paul

Posts: 78 | Location: massachusetts,USA | Registered: 19 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is not my gun but I have asked the owner for permission to post pics.

It looks like a real beauty.

Rob

Posts: 1692 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rob,

Here is a post from a guy who bought a Mauser made by A. Kleszczewski, Berlin. See bsteele's post.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Same guy, same gun.

Rob

one of us
posted Hide Post
above bsteeles, allred was talking about a kohle rifle at that post just happen to be one of my old guns hope i helped him on any info, this mauser by klezewzeki is a little odd havindg the 28 inch barrel i have a haenel with a 28 barrel and a griefelt in 11.2x 60 schuler with a 28 inch barrel both guns are good looking but the long barrel is something kind of special for a german gun your gun was probably made in the 30s

paul

Posts: 78 | Location: massachusetts,USA | Registered: 19 November 2003Reply With Quote