Find
Notify
Tools

Dimensions of Various Mauser Actions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
A while back I posted an inquiry here asking what the various action and magazine lengths of Mauser actions are. No one seemed able to supply a link to a fairly comprehensive list.

Following a bit of web-searching, I found a 5-page list on The Curio and Relics Firearms Forum.

If I can get it to work, here is a link, for use by others wondering about the same information:

[URL=http://p223.ezboard.com/fcurioandrelicfirearmsforumfrm45.showMessage?/ID=1topic

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, I can't get it to post correctly as a link. The url must be too long. However, if you copy the url to your browser, it should get you there.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You have to remove the "[URL=" from the front but the post it goes to was removed by the host.

http://p223.ezboard.com/fcurioandrelicfirearmsforumfrm4...owMessage?/ID=1topic

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fjold-

I tried what you said and got the same results you did.

BUT, I just went there and printed out the entire 5 pages, so I know it hasn't been removed unless it has been done in the last 25 minutes or so.

The way I got there was to "Google"
the phrase "Mauser action lengths". That took me to a Google link which went there.

You can tell I "ain't no computer guru".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just went there again. The 5 pages are still posted and can still be printed out.

By asking "Google" to search for "Mauser action lengths", it took me to many pages of links.

On the very first page of links, the second link in the list is titled "Mauser Action Dimensions". A left-click on that link takes me directly to the pages in question.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually the first link at Hoosier Gun Works has some good information.

http://www.hoosiergunworks.com/catalog/mauser_reference.html

Thaine
"Begging hands and bleeding hearts will always cry out for more..." Ayn Rand

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here, we might as well dance" Jeanne C. Stein

Posts: 730 | Location: New Mexico USA | Registered: 02 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
Yes, but the Hoosier site has some errors that I previously pinted out to them.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4864 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote