Find
Notify
Tools

F.N. Belgium Single Shot Action
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi gang!
Before this goes on GB or AA is anyone interested in a virtually new SUPER RARE FN single shot action? I have one and have decided not to use it for a project as I have too many on the burner anyway. This was seen by Bob Dunlap [AGI Videos etc] and he said when they came out 30 years ago they sold for about 500.00. I would prefer not to go the auction route if there is someone out there in Accurate Reloading who would like this rare old action. I did see the bottom metal sell on E**Y for 300.00 awhile back so I guess the thing is worth something. Let me know if interested.
kailuacustom@msn.com

Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds awesome, do you have a price?

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark,
I have seen a few that were old benchrest rifles. What bottom metal does a single shot have other than a trigger guard. Just asking as I don't know.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kuhnhausen has a photo of one in his Mauser Shop Manual book- IIRC, the bottom metal is a solid straight piece of steel, going from the rear receiver screw hole, the trigger guard bow, and extending to the front receiver screw hole.

No floorplate, the whole thing about the width of the triggerguard.

This is from memory, my copy of Kuhnhausen is buried around here somewhere.

Posts: 3314 | Location: NYC | Registered: 18 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Almost looks like a piece of bottom metal that I have in a drawer in my shop. It might look good on my single shot Pierce receiver. Just had an email from James Anderson and he said my octagon barrel is ready to ship.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting, in that I adapted a Sako AI BR stock to accept a Sako factory single-shot L461 action. The long triggerguard bottom metal is factory made.

I hope the pic works.

Kevin
[IMG]http://outcast.homeunix.org/uploads/SakoSS17-222TrgrGrd.jpg [/IMG]

Posts: 410 | Location: The Republic Of Texas, USA | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I do have a trigger guard like that, but it is black anodized aluminum. Aw shucks!
Butch