New
Find
Notify
Tools

Accuracy of Charles Daly rifles?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Charles Daly mauser style rifles (manufactured in eastern Europe and imported into the U.S.) are apparently available now. The Superior Grade mauser looks pretty handsome. Has anyone range-tested these rifles yet to see if they are accurate (with the factory Charles Daly barrels)? If not, I suppose that for another $400, you could get a good barrel installed. Since the rifle can apparently be purchased for about $500, that seems to compare favorably to the cost of having a nice custom rifle built.

Posts: 189 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
the only way for you to know whether a specific rifle (barrel) will shoot good is for you to shoot "it", using your ammo, your style of shooting, etc.

Blue

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's true enough. I am hoping someone has bought one of these rifles and tried it out, and can give us a report.

Posts: 189 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
I stocked a CD barreled action a few months ago.....it's a fine shooter.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, vapodog. That's good to know. These rifles look like a pretty good deal, and they are evidently now being shipped to the U.S.