Find
Notify
Tools

This forum is hard on my computor.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have to close down after 2-3 pages. And when I post
a reply it doesn't finish the process on my end, but after shutting down, message is in place when I go back to check.
Most other sites work good. I run without pictures to get
decent speed on a dialup 35 miles from ISP.I use ZoneAlarm for protection.It is so bad ii can't even find the thread where others were talking about problems.It is like
my browser is being times out.Iset my preferences for
thread from 21 days as suggested.Somebvody got to fix it,
for us rural types. It is a real problem.So bad it keeps
me out of politcal forum, due to slowdowns.Ed.

Posts: 27742 | Registered: 03 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
They're upgrading the software and server starting last week or so, it drives me nuts when I click on something and it takes 2-3 minutes to bring up a post. (I have a DSL) I figure we owe the hosts patience as they get everything up to speed.

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

It always has been the slowest. About half the time I just give up for awhile.
I think that all the "cutsies" take time to down load.
It is still worth while though.
Good luck!

Posts: 217 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not so thrilled with the new format either; it's not very pleasing to the eye and it's hard to read.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anybody know how to set it so the lines for each topic under a forum don't show up in a dark grey background? I really don't like it and have played with every color option available in my options page.

any help is VERY APPRECIATED!

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

You can set a number of preferences from MY HOME, which you can find on the top right hand corner.

I think we know where the problems, it is with our hosting compnany MySql server, and they are in the process of fixing it.

My apologies for the inconveniences you are experiencing right now.

Posts: 68731 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote