THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Savage replacement trigger, Timney or Rifle Basix?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage replacement trigger, Timney or Rifle Basix?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Savage 116 FSS in .300 Win Mag, the rifle shoots great but the trigger is the worst I ever have fired. I would imagine my groups would only get better with a new trigger. I'm not familiar with aftermarket triggers so I need some assistance from you guys,"the experts". So which one Timney or Rifle Basix and why?

Thanks.

C-ROY

Posts: 259 | Location: Carolina | Registered: 11 September 2001Reply With Quote
<kromer>
posted
I own a 12 FVSS and I also would be interested in hearing all the pros and cons of various triggers.
I've only heard about sharp shooter triggers, they are included on the Savage Tactical rifles and were the only option I was aware of

one of us
posted Hide Post
I now have a SharpShooter on my 10FP but before that I had the factory one adjusted by my gunsmith and it wasn't bad at all. The newer Savages are fully adjustable. There are even instructions out there on the web although I wouldn't try it myself. Check this site http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/ for instructions on how it's done.

Kromer, I see from this post that you have the heavy barrel 12FVSS. I'm pretty sure you can get the laminated stock from a 12BVSS and your gun will drop right in. I'd like to do it with mine but don't have the cash right now.

NoCAL

Posts: 167 | Location: Woodland, CA USA | Registered: 11 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used a Rifle Basic on my Remington,it came from the factory defective and I got a tough luck when I phoned.Do a search on Rifle Basic for a more complete description.

Posts: 480 | Location: B.C.,Canada | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote