THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Front site replacement (Trijicon) on Para Ordnance

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Front site replacement (Trijicon) on Para Ordnance
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ordered some Trijicon sites for my Para Ordnance. My understanding is that I may have to custom fit my front site. It is the stake type.

My question is; how do I get the stake type front site out of my receiver. Do I need special tools?

How do I put the new site in where it will stay?

I know this is a basic question, but I am very basic because I have never done this before. Thanks for your help.

Posts: 130 | Location: Central U.S.A | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote
<G.Malmborg>
posted
Tundra,

If you are not familar with or have never installed this kind of sight before, you would be well advised to hire this particular job done by someone with experience with this type of work.

Trijicon sights are not cheap. The tritium inserts can be damaged if miss handled. Fitting "stake on" type sights can be a little tricky if you are not familar with the fitting and staking process.

Were it me, I would instead, go with the dovetail style front sights. This requires machining a special dovetail in the front of the slide to accept the dovetail style sights. These are available for the Para Ordnance as well. This results in a much more durable mount and makes it relatively easy to change sights in the future.

Malm

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for your reply. I think I will take my P14 to the gunsmith based on your advice. You have been a great help to me. I hope I can help you out one day.

This site is a community of very helpful and knowledgable people. Thanks to all.

Posts: 130 | Location: Central U.S.A | Registered: 21 December 2001Reply With Quote