THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Anyone use a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62 x 39 for coyotes?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone use a CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62 x 39 for coyotes?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was looking at the CZ 527 Carbine in 7.62 x 39 on the CZ web site. Looks like it would be a handy coyote gun. Does anyone have one of these guns? What do you think about it? Is it accurate?

The backwards safety bothers me greatly, though...

Thanks,
Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used 7.62 x39 in the m77 rugers a bit and they shoot quite well. No problem hitting a 12" gong out to about 350 yards or so. I think that they would make a great coyote gun.

Posts: 331 | Location: DeBeque, Co. | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave, I have one of the CZ carbines in 7.62X39 - I am not a benchrester, so I can't give you group sizes and the like. However, it is a great gun for the field - I use it to hunt feral dogs in the area and, so far, the sights are dead on. It is a most enjoyable field gun, well made, dependable - just plain old fun. The safety being "backwards" is no big deal unless you let it become one. The set trigger more than makes up for any inconvience provided by the safety.

Posts: 376 | Location: Farmington, NM - USA | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been wanting a 7.62x39 in a bolt for a while now, but there are several features on the CZ that I don't care for (no flaming intended here, this is just a personal preference). The Charles Daly Mini Mark X is supposed to be available around the first of the year, and I prefer its features to the CZ. I've owned Mini-X's in .223 and found them to be very nice little actions. As a result, I'm holding out for the C.D. Mini X to become available.

I don't think that the 7.62x39 is quite as good for coyotes as the centerfire .22's, but there's no reason it won't work pretty well, especially if you load it with something like the Speer TNT bullet.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i had a 527 in 7.62x39. i had some trouble with it misfiring. the primers would be barely dented. i think it had an excessive headspace problem. i never tried it on coyotes until after i had it rebarreled to 6PPC. it works great on coyotes now! [Big Grin] they are neat guns and i think you'll like it. good luck...bud

Posts: 1213 | Location: new braunfels, tx | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote