THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3x64 on a Magnum .535 magnum bolt face.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I know Sauer 202s and 404's in 8x68S are built on the .535 bolt face.

Can I do this on a 700 clone action without any problems?

The action is set up for AICS magazines and will not feed from a internal box hinge floor plate magazine.

Looks like the 9.3x64 is .496.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it would work with a mauser extractor but I would be leary with a 700 extractor. I have made 9.3x64 cases from 338 brass. It requires a small lathe to 1/ cut off the belt 2/ rebate the case head and re cut the extractor grove using a shellholder as a go guage. You could cut the belt and FL size in the 9.3x64 die with a shell holder for the belted mag and you would have a case that fits your bolt face.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The rifle action has a CRF system. It is an American Rifle Company Nucleus action.

It really isn't a 700 at all. It has a 3 lug bolt, but it is made to fit 700 aftermarket triggers and stocks and Savage aftermarket barrels.

I suppose I'll buy a box of cheap Russian 9.3x64 and see it it will feed before I buy a barrel. I have a reamer, been packing this reamer for 10 years. I should do something with it.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have asked the question a different way.

As this rifle isn't like a 700 in the feeding at all.