New
Find
Notify
Tools

Got tired of building bolt rifles.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This started out a year ago, as I needed something to do other than work on bolt rifles and learn more about working from CAD drawings and general machine work. Its a 1/2 scale model of 1919 Browning built around a Ruger 10-22, everything you see here other than the donor rifle (buried inside) was build from scratch from CAD drawings, design is from www.ccsprints.com.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's alot of TALENT!!!

Looks real good to me... thumb

Congrats!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rolland,

Yur project makes me nostalgic. I can remember shooting the Browning light machine gun, 1919A?, and what a hoot it was. With the T&E mechanism you shoot the eyes out of a gnat. They taught us how to lay the gun in daylight, mark out numbers, and reset the gun in the dark for final protective fires. I can still see in mind's eye those tracers tearing up a 55gallon drum. You'd let go a five round burst, let up on the trigger, and about that time hear the thump, thump, thump of the first rounds hitting the target.

What a beautiful job you have done. How does it load, from a ruger clip or belt? I bet you turn some heads at the range. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Rolland, that is an excelent job. Is it now a belt feed, like the Tipmans? Bet you could sell quiet a few of those conversion. Hope you saved those CAD/CAM files.

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rolland that looks great! I need one of those on the deck to dust those pesky squirrels and magpies Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention it is semi-auto only and uses the Ruger magazine.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1511 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Stil a neat piece of work. thumb

Keith

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
Excellent job on the tripod and T&E.

Beautiful piece!

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Neat and nice work. Now if you want to LEARN (so I can get it cheaper Wink, might as well be upfront about it) some more and build a full scale Gatling gun in .45-70, .308, or .30-06 drop me a line. BOOM

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
great work it looks nice kinda makes me think you are gonna start experimenting with some design changes on a few guns

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rolland,

I'm going to show this to a friend who collects them, he'll lose his mind! What an awesome job, very unique.

Posts: 201 | Location: logan, W.V. | Registered: 13 April 2006Reply With Quote