New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best gun auction?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey guys which do you think is the best place to sell a gun auction arms or gunbroker.

Ive bought from both but havent sold.

looks like the fees are about the same, $1.25 + 2.5% of sale under $1000

Auction arms charges $4.00 just to place a add and gunbroker is free

If im correct. Gunbroker is $4.00 cheaper

That sound right.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Gunbrokers gets a lot more exposure

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
I feel like I get more bids on Gunbroker.

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have also had more traffic on gunbroker.

Posts: 978 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of El Deguello
posted Hide Post
I find a lot more of the items I am searching for on Gunbroker than on Auction Arms, but I always look both places anyway....

"Bitte, trinks du nicht das Wasser. Dahin haben die Kuhen gesheissen."

Posts: 4386 | Location: New Woodstock, Madison County, Central NY | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone use Guns America http://www.gunsamerica.com for reference comparison values ?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunbroker gets way more potential buyers and with the 15 minute feature, buyers have a chance to rebid and not get sniped at the last second. Buyers seem to like this and sometimes it can lead to a bidding war at the end of the auction which is good for the seller.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scr83jp:
Does anyone use Guns America http://www.gunsamerica.com for reference comparison values ?

Gunsamerica is my least favorite, many times when someone posts something for a deal they get a lot of emails to buy it but they jack the price up based on interest.

Over the last year I have sent buy it now messages to sellers and not heard a peep back from them, not even an email saying it has been sold.

Posts: 952 | Location: Mass | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had the same experience with gunsamerica. It seems like more of a high end rifle site or sellers that want more than the gun is worth.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had several bad experiences with gunsamerica and the last one was today. This one really did it and I will never visit this site again...period. 2 Days ago I saw a NIB Ruger stainless Blackhawk in .357 that posted "NEW TODAY" and figured it would make a nice present for my son, who turned 21 today. I contacted the seller immediatley by E-mail and the deal was made and today I was to give him my CC info. for the purchase. When I checked my new e-mails today he sent one stating that it has unfortunately already been sold and he made a mistake in making a deal with me as he got confused with so many inquiries about it. Man...was I pissed as I already had shown my son the night before what I was getting him. Needless to say I also had to give my son the bad news. I also responded back to this POS how screwed up he was. I made a lot(like 10) of purchases on gunbroker and NEVER got burned. Screw gunsamerica.

Woody

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Woodrow S:
I have had several bad experiences with gunsamerica and the last one was today. This one really did it and I will never visit this site again...period. 2 Days ago I saw a NIB Ruger stainless Blackhawk in .357 that posted "NEW TODAY" and figured it would make a nice present for my son, who turned 21 today. I contacted the seller immediatley by E-mail and the deal was made and today I was to give him my CC info. for the purchase. When I checked my new e-mails today he sent one stating that it has unfortunately already been sold and he made a mistake in making a deal with me as he got confused with so many inquiries about it. Man...was I pissed as I already had shown my son the night before what I was getting him. Needless to say I also had to give my son the bad news. I also responded back to this POS how screwed up he was. I made a lot(like 10) of purchases on gunbroker and NEVER got burned. Screw gunsamerica.

Woody

Calm down there, Woodrow. And explain how
this failed transaction was the fault of gunsamerica? bewildered

Don't blame the gunsite. Blame the azzhole who
screwed up the deal! 2020 Even then, it may have been a honest mistake? sofa

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GSP7:
Hey guys which do you think is the best place to sell a gun auction arms or gunbroker.

Ive bought from both but havent sold.

looks like the fees are about the same, $1.25 + 2.5% of sale under $1000

Auction arms charges $4.00 just to place a add and gunbroker is free

If im correct. Gunbroker is $4.00 cheaper

That sound right.

I think you will find that pictures of the sale item is easier to post on gunbroker too! I
use them exclusively. Give them a try, you won't be dissappointed!

Posts: 1610 | Location: Shelby, Ohio | Registered: 03 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I never tryed to sell a gun on the net before til now. And man, just getting several emails from just 3 people on a rifle and all the different questions does get confuseing on who's who, and which guy asked which question, and which guy was first, then they want it then they changed their mind. Wew!

First guy that wants my address to send a check gets it, then the others are pissed.

one of us
posted Hide Post
When it's over tell us how you feel about it. I don't buy or sell that many guns and I go thru a ffl dealer every time. However the thought of getting a CR FFL has passed my mind but I get over it when I think of the hassle.

As to the sites I only look at Gunbroker for casual use. If I were really serious about buying a gun I might check whats for sale on the others.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, for starters with gunbroker when you hit the "buy it now" icon its your right then and there. There's no mistaking who responded first. If you are the high bidder when the auction closes, the same thing..its yours and you know it right then and there. With gunsamerica you get to play head games with the seller and the site is set up to allow this bullshit to take place. When you contact the seller there's no way of telling whether you are going to get the gun or not...even after several e-mails with the seller and he's making the deal with you. So yes, it is the fault of the site to a degree. The site needs to be more friendly to the buyers, after all who ultimately decides the fate of the site. I guess that is why gunbroker is the chosen favorite of most people...both sellers and buyers. As for an honest mistake by the seller...bullshit. Every e-mail posted has a time of arrival into your mailbox and who sent it so just how confusing could it be. I told him I wanted it, he responded its mine and I could pay by CC or MO it was up to me and he told me when he would be at the shop so I could call him. Just how simple does it have to be? Just before I called I checked my e-mail and there was a new message telling me it was sold. BTW, he responded to the last e-mail I sent him. I'll give him credit...he took my comments well and restated it was an honest mistake. The sad thing is he has a few other guns that interest me but I don't think I can lower myself to this guys level.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have never sold any on either ( a bad habit of mine). I have bought several from Gunbroker and at least a couple on AuctionArms. All of the transactions went smoothly, no problems. There is a bit more exposure on Gunbroker.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have observed one funny thing when selling weapons........if someone emails me asking me questions about what I am selling they never bid on it,lol. People who know what they want do the bidding. Just have to weave through the tire kickers and the folks asking "What will you take for it" or "What is your reserve". I never been burned on Gunbrokers but have sent more than a dozen emails to posters on Gunsamerica asking to buy something and few responded back.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote