New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stainless Mauser Floor Plate
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone know who makes a stainless trigger guard bow, mag box and floor plate assembly? To fit a standard length Charles Daly stainless mauser action when they finaly arrive. I think that's standard MK10 dimensions.

TIA

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Hi

Not 100% sure but I know that Sunny hill enterprises has stainless floorplates for various rifles. Are you doing alright. I ,mean stainless mauser

Cheers
/ JOHAN

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
kinda makes the "deal" on the daly go right out the window...

custom bottom metal runs 400 bucks, for good stuff, in the us...

bottom of the PRICE (not quality) is 150

stainless usually = 10% uplift in price

440 bucks for 440 stainless? aint happening.

jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeffeosso,

Sorry don't understand your post. The Daly is cheap but the actions seem a faithfull copy of the 98. The bottom metal and floor plate latch is not to my taste.

Can you give me outfits that make stainless bottom metal?

Johan,

around October/November and Jan/Feb/March I'm hunting about 6 times a week and the time spent drying and cleaning mounts up to the annoyance of my wife.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Ask you wife to clean the guns I understand you
The Daily is a Jugo style action which should be quite the same as mauser, perhaps not competely. The only I know who make stainless floorplates are Sunny Hill.

I have seen a old mauser obendorf with single squarebringe that been crome plated and fitted with a synthetic stock What a nightmare . Custom job like that should be punished with faceing a fireing squad

/ JOHAN

<Guest>
posted
I own a very nice triggerguard/box from Blackburns, but of course it is chromemoly steel.

However, if I really wanted a stainless box I would call them and ask them to build me one in stainless, and if necessary would procure the piece of steel to do so.

If you call and ask, all they can say is no.

By the way, I see that Blackburns has now just posted that they are manufacturing a new style of Scope Rings called Smithson Rings. They look in the photographs like they might be real nice!

www.blackburnmachine.com

blue