New
Find
Notify
Tools

Browning 1885 Highwall trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been searching a lot lately for a replacement trigger. I have adjusted the stock trigger as far as it will go and I am still not terribly satisfied. Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer of replacement triggers for the 1885 Highwall?

Andy

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never touched mine .It's at 3.5 lbs with clean let off. Have you taken it apart and done a bit of polishing ? Mine is an early one , I wonder if the specs have changed or QC is the problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brownell's used to offer what has become known as the Dale53 conversion, named for the original inventor. I believe it's a drop-in conversion but could be wrong, please see the ASSRA.com forum for more details.
Regards, Joe

Posts: 2756 | Location: deep South | Registered: 09 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buy the spring kit for it and the factory trigger should be finr. I think Timney and maybe Moyers makes them.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look this issue up on bpcr.net. We made up a set screw in 7mm as per the instructions they gave us which worked like a charm in limiting the sear engagement. Set the trigger at 2lbs. and these guns shoot great. We have done two guns so far and no complaints.

Blake

Posts: 132 | Location: Las Vegas, Nevada | Registered: 22 April 2006Reply With Quote