New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB 218 cases
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone have some 218 cases that I could buy could use 6 or so, I am converting a rimfire block in a Martini Cadet to center fire and need the cases to check the head space and firing pin. If you wish them returned when I am finished I can do that as well, I looked through all my collection and have one unfired cartridge.
Customer is working on getting dies but nothing yet and I would like to get the gun finished and out of the shop.

Never rode a bull, but have shot some.

NRA life member
NRA LEO firearms instructor (retired)
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have you covered Rolland.
They dont have to be new do they?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony
No just so they are resized I can put primers in them if needed

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

Posts: 1510 | Location: Camp Verde, AZ | Registered: 13 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can help you out if things go south with tb40.

If so give me a shout!

Hip

Posts: 1885 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Making a gage wold be pretty easy... the "GO" at .065, then you culd use shim stock behnd it for the "NO GO"

Posts: 3615 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
Making a gage wold be pretty easy... the "GO" at .065, then you culd use shim stock behnd it for the "NO GO"

Good idea tu2 that will be easy I should have thought of that , still would like to have some cases, they will help setting the firing pin lenght.

NRA life member
NRA Golden Eagles member

one of us
Picture of bpesteve
posted Hide Post
If you are just looking to set the block height (primer centering to the firing pin hole) and firing pin protrusion, you could just cut off a few 32-20 cases and use them. Much easier to find than Bee brass.

Posts: 973 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With Quote