New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mauser 3000 action - good stuff??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
i saw in a trade magazine today that Mauser 3000 left handed actions are selling for $175. the ad says nothing about magnum vs. long vs. short action. all i know is the price and the model number. the Mauser name carries a lot of clout, but i wonder if this particular action is worth the money? anyone know??

Posts: 466 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 20 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would say it is certainly worth 175.00! The 300 is not a bad action of the modern European type. I always though the cocking piece was kind of ugly and I didn't like the welded on recoil lug and aluminum floorplate and guard but the actions are basically OK. Certainly equal to a Savage for instance! Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3784 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Who has the Lefty actions available for sale? I'm always looking for new actions for different projects.

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill Leeper: thanks for the input, Bill. i may get one and hold on to it for a future project.

Fjold: i saw an ad in the current Gunlist. the contact is Dick at 847-970-5648.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I,ve only seen one (30/06) and it was extremely accurate. One hole groups were routine.
Stepchild

[ 08-29-2003, 22:17: Message edited by: stepchild 2 ]

Posts: 1326 | Location: glennie, mi. USA | Registered: 14 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i just put a barrel on one and chambered it for the 338 win mag for a customer. is not a bad action to work with and it was set up for the magnum case. the box is actually long enough for the 375h&h. i searched for a steel triggergaurd and floorplate assembly for it but to no avail.i am putting it into a richards microfit plywood stock and hopefully get it all done by dec for him. it appears that it is well worth the $175.00 asking price.

Posts: 128 | Location: southeastern pa | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill smith:
Bill Leeper: thanks for the input, Bill. i may get one and hold on to it for a future project.

Fjold: i saw an ad in the current Gunlist. the contact is Dick at 847-970-5648.

Thanks Bill, is that the Gunlist magazine? Do you know the name of the company that had the ad, and do they have a website?

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It's my understanding that the Mauser 3000 action was actually manufactured by Heym. That being said, it's a good, strong action and well worth the $175.00 in my opinion. I had my LH M3000 rebarreled to 6.5/06 by a gentleman named Al Story in New Mexico. Then had it fitted to a piece of exhibition grade American walnut from Richards... other than the bottom metal, it was a beautiful gun! Tried and tried but couldn't find replacement bottom metal. Was going to have to go strictly custom on that.. too $$$$

[ 09-02-2003, 17:26: Message edited by: IndyHunter ]

Posts: 10 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fjold: the Gunlist i found the ad in is a "Shotgun News" style of publication. there was no company named, only the name and phone number i mentioned.