Find
Notify
Tools

E X C R E T I A
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
ever seen THAT stamped on an action?

i got three vz-24's last night... one is going back... it has that, HAND STAMPED where the crest had been ground off... by a blind guy, going by feel with an undressed wheel (that means wobbly)

E X C R E T I A... so deep stamped into it that it showed the top (bottom?) flat of the stamp in places.. .E X stamped over the crest..

and, if you open the bolt, slightly turned the shroud, I doubt you could have beaten it shut...

did i even mention the pitting? or, should i say.. it wasn't really pitted... just that the rust had some hard metal points left in it!!!

One brush with a bead blast, and I bet the only thing left would have been the screws...

oh, yeah.. wait... the locking screws were gone, too...

so, a quick call, and it was taken care of..

funny, the other 2 actions were decent to okay...

jefffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is that some fancy way of saying s*&#? Excretia, sounds too much like excrement or excretion. :-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Latin for shit? - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

You may have actually located one of the actions that ToddE/Axel/Judy/et al. worked on when they were gunsmithing! [Big Grin]

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Dan,
it's close.. and what I thought it was... man, i haven't seen anyone try to sell THAT kinda junk before.

George...
gods, if it was a trollaction, and then it wouldn't have been full of grease... BLECH!! i need a bath!!

jeffe

one of us
posted Hide Post
You have a very rare rifle. It was manufactured in a little unknown province in the Republic of Turdistan

Posts: 200 | Location: Tin Top .Texas | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think Bubba John is right. As I remember, it is a dark province of Turdistan called Headupass Province. Pictures would be nice (I think).

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

You're just being too picky. Just file the word off, if you want, but you should really just leave it on there.

Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
That's right! I remember now from a history course I took at state college, wasn't the dictator there Slodawipe Mabowelevich?

:-)

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
and the offical language of this country is
crainal rectosis

or just the mental condition of all politicos

jeffe

one of us
Picture of Robgunbuilder
posted Hide Post
Jeffe- That is TODDE's/Axel's trademark! He was practicing Handstamping at the time as well as learning English. -Rob

Posts: 6314 | Location: Las Vegas,NV | Registered: 10 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where did you buy these, I want to avoid them.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
century... actions only... like i said, one was nice, one was good, and the other was E X C R E T I A

and i do think it was the trolls handiwork...

imagine "polishing" or "surface grinding" being down by an out of round, unbalance, cheap grinder, done in a dark room, while drunk... and that would just about explain the method that the crest was ground off!!

and then taking the same room, a set of all CAPS let punches, and a 3# sledge hammer, laying the action on the ground, and trying to stamp in

E X CR E T I A

Is that troll code for "wow, i did such good work on this one that i shat" ?!?!?!?!

LOL
jeffe

[ 12-06-2003, 18:35: Message edited by: jeffeosso ]