New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stock work
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So here I am blasting away on my retirement gun projects. Some things I have never done before so need your input. Putting my Swede barreled action in a fullstock finally. What do you guys use to glue grip caps and such with? Something like gorilla glue or epoxy?

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wood to wood I use Titebond II. Ebony to walnut, Acraglas gel, usually.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanx Craig. That's the way I'm doing it. On another note, is Richards the only place I can get a Norwegian Krag semi finished stock? And what is the diff between them and the American Krag stockwise?

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division.

Posts: 1034 | Location: Oklahoma y'all | Registered: 01 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I "thought" the US made some changes to the mag box and a couple other items. Thus different inletting.

Maybe these guys can help
http://www.kragcollectorsassoc...gi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of late, I've only found Richard's. I think that Great American Gunstocks used to have stocks for the Norwegian but I notice that Walnut Grove, who I believe bought GAG's patterns, does not offer a stock for the Norwegian.
The stock on mine came from, I think, Richards. It's on laminate. I continue to admire the Krag rifle that Michael Petrov posted years ago which I believe was by Sedgley.
Not able to provide any information about the differences between the American and Norwegian Krags.

Posts: 313 | Location: Alaska to Kalispell MT | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote